24 July 2009

my other new dress

As you all know, I have been on a dress kick lately. They're just so cute and easy, breezy.

This one was only $5 at a thrift store. From the front, there's nothing remarkable. I'm digging the bright, bold pattern and it shows off my figure nicely.



But from the back... ooh la la.

I didn't realize it was this way until I tried it on, and I love it!

The only thing is, the slit in the back is wayy to far up. I cropped it out- you can pretty much see my butt. That will have to be quickly sewn up, then I can pop on my new heels and strut my stuff. Or, I can dress it down with casual shoes, and I can even make it modest by throwing on a cardigan.

For only 5 bucks! Sometimes thrift stores are misses, but sometimes they are total hits.

Your mission for this weekend: hit up a thrift store and let me know if you find anything good!

2 comments:

  1. My best finds are usually new designer shoes (clearly someone who donates regularly wants to have the same size feet as me..) but this spring I TOTALLY scored a new fitted caramel colored designer blazer for $15.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW.!! Its really great to get such a beautiful dress at only $ 5. I love the BIG floral prints.

    ReplyDelete