17 January 2018

bedroom, rearranged

I re-arranged my bedroom.

I've pondered moving things around before, but Chris was not a fan because his side of the bed was strategically placed in case he had to kill someone or something.

Well, I figure now that he's moved out, I can move shit around. What's the worse that could happen? I'd hate it and move it back. No big deal.

I've never posted a picture of the bedroom before. I took a ton of pictures before Harvey for insurance purposes, but they're on my old laptop and I'm not about to spend 20 minutes booting it up. I found this super old picture from when we first moved in that was on a flash drive.



Basically, the bed was on the far wall, which separated the big space into awkward "bed" and "not-bed" zones.

So, I moved the bed against a different wall, towards the middle of the room. I figured it would make the room feel more like one cohesive space, instead of separate zones.

Here's what it looks like now. (yeah there are shoes on the floor and I don't make my bed. get over it.)




(Pumpkin doesn't leave this thing. I checked, she's alive.)

I was right. The space does feel more cohesive.
I really like the new layout. I created a "dressing" area and I moved the ironing board into the room because it's way more convenient. Ugly... but convenient.

The real question: is there room for a dramatic fainting couch?

1 comment:

  1. it looks so good! TEAM FAINTING COUCH!!

    ReplyDelete