19 January 2018

feeling better

I'm finally getting to the point where I can chew on my crowned teeth without pain. Good thing, because I'm scheduled to go back for another one next week.

This week was hard. Emotionally, professionally, physically. I was hurting when I got home tonight. No, really. My hips were screaming because I'm old and standing around teaching med techs how to use their new instrument apparently is the worst for that. Then driving for 3 hours only makes it worse?

So I drew a hot bath, dumped half a bag of epsom salts in it, and filled it as high as it would fill, with the hottest water that would come out of the tap. And I sat there for a long, long while.

I had stopped by the store on the way home to pick up wine and chips, prepared for some of that self-destructive "therapy" I'm historically prone to.

Instead of diving in with abandon, I checked myself.

I literally took a deep breath, paused for a few seconds, and grabbed the salad I had packed for my trip that didn't get to eat. And gave my body a little nourishment. I'm still enjoying a reasonable glass of wine and a piece of dark chocolate, but I feel so much better about myself.

My heart, brain, and hips feel a little better, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment