12 January 2018

What a week

I got to meet my boss yesterday.

He texted me in the afternoon asking if I could be in Austin the following morning to validate some methods on a couple instruments. Heck yeah! I basically got paid to go see Suzy in the middle of the week. Always down for that. I love the spontaneity of this job.

So yeah. My boss is a nice guy. Genuine and approachable. I like him. I told him I'd volunteer for any task in Austin (or anywhere), and I guess he's got a few projects in mind. Sweet, usefulness AND sister time!

I'm over my travel weariness and ready for another round of adventure. Got trips to Louisiana and Chicago coming up.

So far I'm completely digging the way this job works. The cycles of routine and excitement are working well for me. I'm certainly not bored or unchallenged, as I'd be in any other job right now.

Plus, now that I'm a Hilton Honors gold member, I get snacks when I check into the hotel. I'm all about free snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment