29 January 2018

successish

How do you measure success? 

I honestly don't think much about it on a daily basis. As long as I can live indoors and buy wine for myself and low-carb cat food for Pumpkin, I'm happy.

I dropped $130 on a trash can today and didn't cringe. 
In the past, a purchase like that would have sent me agonizing for a long time and I would have needed to give myself ten reasons to justify the cost.

But I liked it, it worked for my space, and I bought it. Only then did I hesitate to think. 
Did I buy that too hastily? Because yes, it's a splurge, and kind of a silly investment. Then I thought, does that mean I'm a successful adult? That I can upgrade my $5 Walmart cracked plastic trash can with one that is both aesthetically pleasing and functional... without freaking out about it?

I don't know but after years of being so poor for so long, that trash can is going to be a cherished item, not only because of how pretty it is, but because of what it represents. Yes, the trash can is a thing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment