07 January 2018

Honest Multi Surface

Can we talk for a second about cleaning and cleansers? I have to share something. (Not that this is one of my top 5 favorite topics of conversation, or anything.)

You know the two great loves in my life.
Bleach, for its ultimate germ-killing properties, and vinegar, for its ability to dissolve hard water deposits and freshen up funky fabrics. (Comet comes in third if I need an abrasive.)
That's the way things have been for many years and I'm happy with it.

However.

Recently I picked up a bottle of the Honest Multi-Surface Cleaner because I saw that it was recommended in an issue of Good Housekeeping. I don't really care what makes it 'Honest,' I was mostly intrigued that it won above all other cleaners tested.

I started by using it for cleaning the kitchen counters. For everyday use, not when I'm cleaning raw meat juices or anything. I'm still all about bleach for that.

My immediate favorite thing about it? The smell. I got the grapefruit one and OH MY. It smells so freaking good. It's all citrusy and incredibly pleasant.

I used it to clean up a small spill during a party, because not everyone loves the smell of bleach... or vinegar. Then Suzy mentioned how good it smelled. The bottom line? It smells good, y'all.

Then I started using it for tabletops and such. Once I used it to clean up an orange-smashing incident on the floor when Mississippi State wasn't having a good football game.
Then I wiped the bathroom counters with it.

Basically I used it as much as I could, to see what the fuss was about.

I became legitimately impressed when I used it to clean the bathtub. Abrasive cleaners are not recommended on a refinished tub, but they are my favorite thing for getting rid of that bathtub ring. So to further my personal experiment, I sprayed this cleaner on the tub and used a sponge to wipe it off.

I couldn't believe the grime that came off, so easily. Several layers of LUSH bath bombs came off immediately. With a simple sponge. No scrubbing. Whoa. Nice.

Basically it cleans well on everyday surfaces. I've never noticed a residue, and nothing has been damaged, even Chris's grandma's table that's probably older than all of us.

I'll buy it again for those reasons, but mostly because of that sexy tub action, and that delightful smell.
Heck, I'd even give it as a hostess gift because the packaging is really pretty.

Oh, I should mention that I have not tried to clean glass or mirrors with it yet. I don't know if it's recommended but I figure a product with a "multi-surface" claim should be able to clean glass and mirrors.

Double-oh. I should try it on the master bathroom shower. Because that's the biggest pain to clean. Stay tuned for that.

2 comments:

  1. LOL @ the orange smashing of 2017 #neverforget

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tangental story:
    We had family coming, so I booked a housecleaner. For some reason, I thought she'd come with her own cleaning supplies, but she did not. I was then surprised and mortified to realize I had nothing for her except Clorox wipes and toilet bowl cleaner. I'm sure I got rid of my odds and ends cleaners when I moved, but that was MONTHS ago. How have I been managing my house since then? Like, I didn't even have a sponge. And I'm a person who cleans, for fun, on the weekend! I guess I'm just a warm rag and elbow grease kind of person, but still. I was embarrassed and promptly went out and got cleaners for her.

    ReplyDelete