08 January 2018

say what?

Hm. So today my boss scheduled a last-minute conference call to discuss a "reorganization." Otherwise known as: A bunch of people were laid off in our division today.

.....

.....

.....


That's not unsettling. At all.
Honestly my boss sounded shook. He didn't expect it.

It would not have surprised me if they laid me off. You ever hear of the phrase, "Last to hire, first to fire?" Because that's all that was going through my mind.

The move itself is not super surprising because the company has been trying to trim the fat for about 6 months now, and we just went public with an IPO. I figure we'll eventually be sold to some other company but I don't really care about the politics.

I just care about continuing to live indoors. My cat and I have become accustomed to a certain lifestyle.

Since it would be incredibly naive of me to not anticipate another round of layoffs at some point, it's time for ME to start trimming some fat. Spending less, saving more. Coming up with a contingency plan.

Oy. Hey, new year. I adapt!

No comments:

Post a Comment