31 January 2018

small wins

One of my favorite things is coming home from a work trip and there's no cat barf anywhere. Small wins.

I was only gone for one night, but it felt like SO MUCH LONGER. It's only Wednesday? It feels like two Fridays have passed. I made a joke to my boss about, 'who plans a go-live during a full moon?' He laughed.
I knew I liked that guy.

Things to note:
1. I'm getting really good at packing light.
2. The folks at that particular hotel greeted me by name and handed me my hotel key and bag of preferred snacks when I checked in. No ID, no credit card, just hello thanks for being a gold member here are your snacks you know the drill bye.
3. The drive to Lake Charles is really very beautiful when there's no traffic. Tonight was one of those exquisite sunsets that makes you feel small but at peace. I don't think I'll be back to Lake Charles any time soon. Since we went live, our job is done, and it's on to the next one!
4. I'm so glad I planned all my outfits for the week because I don't have it in me tonight and tomorrow requires the perfect attire...

Tomorrow I meet some new customers and we start to plan an install down near the coast, so I'm hoping during the install I can get some beach time in.

No comments:

Post a Comment