17 August 2010

Good Book

The Memory Keeper's Daughter- Kim Edwards

This is another book that I randomly picked up at the library. It's one of those books that you start reading, and three hours later you look up and wonder when it got dark outside.

I finished it in two sittings. Without giving too much away, it was thought-provoking and heartbreaking and hopeful and it made me think about circumstances and the choices we make and how things might have been- but you can't change the past, you just gotta keep on going.

The book is based on a simple idea but the author does so much with it- and at some points the writing was as smooth as buttah. I usually skim over paragraphs that describe the surroundings or get into too much detail, but this was written very well.

So yeah, I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment