02 August 2010

no more meh.

I graduate from college with a Bachelor's degree in Clinical Laboratory Science on Friday. Four short days to go, after years of work.

I went to Party City with mom today and got party decorations, supplies, and even a fun Spongebob pinata.

Countless late nights spend studying, too many answers bubbled in on scantrons to count, literally hundreds of days and miles driving back and forth to class.

It's all over.

My existence as I've known it for the better part of a decade has finally changed. So many times I've imagined that day with infinite amounts of jubilee; up to this point, the greatest day of my life.

I should be elated.

Instead I feel tired, sluggish, and meh. Today, there is a distinct lack of happiness.

The suspected reason for melancholy isn't really worth getting into. I'd rather try and push past this and find the place in my mind where I can be ecstatic and not let outside worries interfere with my mood.

I deserve to be fucking ecstatic about this.

And yes, a job offer that I actually want to accept sure wouldn't hurt the mood.

*update*

A couple glasses of wine later, I feel much better.
Oh, GOD. I AM my mother!

2 comments:

  1. Your mom seems pretty awesome so that's great! hahaha, I was feeling pretty crappy until I read your blog. Thank you for the lovely ending =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, your post makes me remember my graduation, which was not the most ecstatic point of my life as well. I was so emotionally and mentally worn down from my last semester of school that my only plan was to crash in my parents basement and start job hunting. But like you said in your last post, everything does turn out okay in the end. It did for me, and it shall for you. YOU CAN DO IT!!! :)
    Oh, and I be needing an address to send your pass along craft to. I finally got it done!

    ReplyDelete