22 August 2010

Quilt!

Post Secret is not loading. It can't be Sunday without secrets!

I woke up worried that it was Monday and I'd overslept for my first day of work. Then I realized it was Sunday and thought about making those pretzels, some mini pizzas to freeze, and ginger snaps. I really want ginger snaps.

The thought of turning the oven on today... Ugh.

In the meantime, I have finished my quilt! I didn't realize it would be done so fast, but I guess that's the good thing about being unemployed.

I just kind of winged it, only looking up how to do the binding. It went fairly simply, and I think it turned out really pretty and colorful. If you look closely there will be some bunched up spots or uneven sewing, but I think it's really good for my first quilt. It's not huge, just big enough to wrap around in and fit my twin bed.

The Front:


The Back:
(I mis-measured and didn't buy enough of the fabric for the back, and I was NOT going back to the store for the umpteenth time. So I had to get creative and use fabric I already had to fill it in. There's actually yellow on each side of the blue, and it turned out okay!)

Both sides:



2 comments:

  1. Wow Jacobi! THAT LOOKS FREAKING FANTASTIC!!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome! Way to go you!

    ReplyDelete