25 August 2010

humpage

*looks around*

I LOVE my life.

I hesitate to say that only because I'm scared that somehow, something will hear that declaration and come swooping down like a dementor and all of a sudden things will come crashing down, because no one's allowed to be that happy.

This may have been partly due to exhaustion and partly due to pre-bedtime ice cream sundaes, but the other night I went to bed and I spent a good ten minutes sitting up in bed, admiring my pretty quilt, thinking of my life, and grinning like a goofball.

Third day of work and I'm liking it more each day. I'm pretty tired and my feet hurt, but I'm getting used to it. I forgot to mention that there is an entire wall made out of windows and I LOVE that. Most labs are in basements but mine's a few floors up and I get a pretty view while I work.

I don't think I've ever drank so much coffee during my breaks, but it's there freshly made, and it's so delicious at 830 am when the deadline for results have passed and it's been 4 hours since breakfast and I'm starting to fade out.

Today I spent some time improving my microscopic urinalysis skills, and I'm happy to say I'm getting the hang of it.

I have to figure out a way to keep myself awake naturally for the next 3 hours.
I'm over the hump!

No comments:

Post a Comment