07 January 2015

the pup is home

Kitty is not adjusting well to the reappearance of the dog. She's even more pissed off. Currently she's pouting on top of Chris's desk.


I'm expecting to find pee in a very inconvenient spot any day now. I really, really don't want to deal with that.

I, surprisingly, am pretty chill about the dog. Roomba helps. As well as my attempt to accept that she will smell like a dog. That and she seems to be a little more attentive when we speak. We'll continue to reinforce the commands that she learned at school.

I think maybe she knows she's home? She's been shuffled about from place to place her whole life, so a return to this place might help her understand that she's home. At any rate, she sure appreciates the nice comfy dog bed.

 
We left for a very short time this evening and decided to leave her free to roam about and see what happened. She ate the cat food and flung the bowl across the room. Hm. I'm not sure how to eliminate that behavior. I mean, we can put a lid on the trash can if she returns to that, but the cat food? We can put it up, yes, but rather than modify our daily life, and worry about having to go through a checklist each time we leave the house, I'd rather teach her that it's not okay to do that. I've been looking up a lot about how to train dogs. My normal methods of chili powder and sticky tape might work but would also deter the cat. Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment