26 April 2009

all in a Sunday's work

This morning I woke up, opened the door to let Pumpkin out, and a huge spider crawled over my foot and across the kitchen, settling underneath the couch. I calmly grabbed a glass, moved the couch, placed it over the spider, and walked into the living room to tell my dad. He came in: "Ooh that's a big one." I went back to bed as he took it outside.

Fast forward a couple hours later as I'm sleeping in.

*knock knock*
*door opens*

Dad: "Jenny! We're coming in to fix your roof."

My roof has been leaking, so that every time it rains, it also rains in my bathroom- a mere 2 inches outside the shower. It would be cool if it would just rain inside the shower, haha.

Anyway, I dragged myself out of dreamland and cracked my eyes open to see my dad walking to the bathroom, followed by my uncle who is holding a beer.
The time: 10:30 am. I'm surprised they're up because they were out at the St. Theresa's Bazaar pretty late, no doubt pounding those "delicious Catholic beers." Hair of the dog, I guess.
They stood there talking, examining the ceiling, throwing ideas around, then went outside. Now all I hear is banging and walking around on the roof.

All I know is, when you start drinking at 10 in the morning and then you go climbing on the roof, things are bound to get interesting.

2 comments:

  1. To heck with the climbing on the roof; you start drinking at 10am things get interesting. period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, this spider thing is out of hand. You seriously need to have a talk with your dad and get him to kill the crap out of them.

    ReplyDelete