29 April 2009

SO CLOSE

...but I don't WANNA get up todayyyy.... <-- put as much whine into that as you can and you're not even close to how whiney I wanted it to sound.

I'm tired dude. I don't know why, I haven't been staying up that late. I have been waking up a lot during the night, though. Last night I unplugged my kitchen nightlight and covered up the window near my bed with a dark blanket. I slept straight through until Pumpkin jumped up on the windowsill and knocked the blanket down at about 4am. By then it was warm in the room and I tossed and turned until my alarm went off at 8. I pushed the snooze button till about 10...

I think the problem is not the lights, but mostly the temperature of the room. I sleep just fine in the winter time when it's nice and cold and I'm snuggled under blankets. During the summer time it gets so hot at night that I have to turn my loud AC unit on all night. I get used to the noise, but when it's on for hours it starts to get really cold. If I turn it off, within an hour it's warm again. Can you see how I'm up all night? Ugh.

I am dreading these next few days. I was at school all day yesterday. I will be there all day today studying for my cal exam, until the review ends at 10pm. I will be there all day tomorrow for class too. Then I have to go up there to take my exam on Friday.

Then, the weekend. But wait... I have a paper due Monday, as well as an evolution exam. I moved my biodiversity exam to Tuesday, so that gives me a little room to breathe. Too bad I haven't started on any of that stuff because of this cal test, so it's going to suck up my entire weekend.

I'm dreading the research for that paper. Writing it is a piece of cake, but doing the research is time-consuming. And don't even get me started on the cal quizzes I haven't been doing all semester. They opened them up again so now I have to hurry up and take them before I'm S.O.L.

It's almost over, it's almost over, it's almost over...

1 comment: