16 April 2009

Change. is good.

Today was, overall, a disappointing day. Nothing seemed to go right. I'm really tired and glad tomorrow is Friday.

The kicker: today I was talking to "cute calculus boy" and noticed a ring on his left hand.
Son of a bitch. I guess that's one less thing to worry about. I'm glad I didn't get brave and ask him out and embarrass myself.

Anyway, so. Changes.

I gave my two weeks at my job. Well, actually, I told them I would stay until the end of April, right before finals.
I am so happy I finally did it. I love the people, but I was getting tired of the type of work and the flaky hours. That, and since they've moved to AZ they wanted to put me in charge of the Houston clients and give me a ton more responsibility-- something I don't want right now while I'm focusing on school.

My parents were recently approached by the world's largest commercial pest control company. They don't have offices all over the world, so they wanted my parents' business to handle all of the business they get in Houston. That is huge news and a very big boost in business, right when the economy is taking a shit. I swear, God looks down on us. Anyway, since we have such a large increase in business, my mom wants to hire me full-time over the summer- at a substantially higher wage than I was making before. I'm totally looking forward to it.

I'm also feeling a lot better about my classes, since I told myself it's okay to slack off and not shoot for A's. It feels great to not care about not caring. That's like... apathy squared.

So let's review:

No shitty relationship... check.
No shitty job... check.
Don't care about shitty classes... check.

Hm, lack of shit is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment