09 April 2009

wow this post turned out a lot about babies

Yesterday I ran to the grocery store by my work to get some lunch. As usual, it was super busy. The hurried cashier asked me how I was, and I said I was fine, thank you, how are you? I guess that little bit of courtesy was enough for her to only charge me for the gum I bought. She didn't scan the frozen dinner or trash bags- definitely not a mistake. I didn't notice until I was walking out and looked at my receipt. Sweet. Lesson: always be nice to the cashier.

WARNING: GIRL TALK AHEAD. Boys, I don't want to hear anything about how you were forced to read this. I know you're going to read it anyway though, haha.

So, I'm officially producing my own hormones, being off the pill for a few days. I've noticed I'm more tired and I'm breaking out. I feel like I'm back to that grease-face stage during puberty. That, and I'm randomly spotting and it's super annoying because I don't want my panties stained. One of my goals in life is to have just a few pairs of non-stained panties. Just when I think I'm safe, my own body revolts, gah. Only last night did I realize that it was probably due to that change. I mean, I've been on the pill for 5 years straight now and I'm sure my body's got to adjust.

Speaking of, I was watching that tv show about chicks who didn't know they were pregnant until they gave birth- it made me all paranoid even though I know I have nothing to worry about. Anyway, how nuts is that? One minute everything is hunky dory and the next you're popping out a kid into the toilet. Crazy. I knew a lady who was about 6 months pregnant and didn't know it- and she'd had 2 kids before. She went to the doctor for backaches and turns out she was pregnant! I guess unless the typical, tell-tale signs are there, you don't really have a reason to think about it.

And speaking of babies, I'm pretty excited to become an "auntie" again. 2 of my good friends have babies on the way! They're both going to be cute pregnant ladies, tiny except for a huge belly.

3 comments:

  1. WARNING GIRL TALK AHEAD

    That only makes just want to read ahead...ooooo girl talk...what does that mean...

    Is someone going to confess their love...they going to talk about naked sexy oiled up pillow fights...NOPE!!!

    Babies and stained panties...

    Let the record show, i read it all and was fascinated yet...misled by the GIRL TALK warning

    PS

    BABIES ARE CUTE AND FUN TO BE AROUND

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I TOTALLY watched that show too! I actually had to just turn the tv off because I was getting so freaked out. I seriously considered taking a pregnancy test just to be sure. You always hear about girls being pregnant and not knowing it, but I so thought it was crap until I saw their stories. You can't blame them for not knowing!!! I wonder what the stats are on that. It has to be a really really rare thing.... right?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Akhtar- Hey, last time I wrote about periods I got ragged on, so now it comes with a disclaimer!

    DrewAnn- I'm so glad I'm not the only paranoid one!!! You know how they say that they don't feel the baby moving because they think it's only gas? Well every time I get gas now I'm paranoid it's a baby!! That show has warped our minds...

    ReplyDelete