10 April 2009

good vibrations

I woke up at 5 am this morning with a killer headache. Then I had bad dreams that pumpkin had to be put to sleep and I was all alone. It was wierd.

But since then I've had a really great day.

I woke up at 8 and started to get ready for work. My head was hurting so I didn't want to put my hair in a ponytail, and I've been trying not to heat-style it so much. So, I pulled out a product from the back of the drawer that I used once and didn't like. I sprayed the Frizz-Ease Dream Curls 'curl perfector' on my rat's nest and holy crap, my hair is cute & curly. A little frizzy because it's humid, but definitely a far cry from a rat's nest. Sweet.

I took some headache pills to ease the poundage. Then, while making coffee I checked my phone and I had a text message from my boss saying not to come in today. Double sweet.

I had this other predicament: I deposit all of my paychecks into my Bank of America account, but I only have checks for my Wells Fargo account. I have to pay my taxes, and there was an issue with an online transfer. I know this one corner that has a Wells Fargo on one side of the street, and a Bank of America on the other. So, I went to Bank of America, withdrew the money, then went across the street to Wells Fargo and deposited it. Problem solved. Triple sweet.

Then I went home and cleaned up a little for the company I'm expecting tomorrow. Did some laundry, swept off the back porch and found a cute checkered tablecloth for the table out there. Then I went to water my newly planted plants, and they are faring really well. The wildflower seeds I planted are even starting to sprout. Yay! Then I planted the chili pepper seeds that I bought, so hopefully I'll have similar luck with those. I feel oh-so-clean-and-green. All the while I kept going through the kitchen grabbing Starburst jellybeans my mom got for Easter. Quadruple sweet? I think so.

I pulled out all of my summer clothes from storage and put away my winter clothes. I have some cute stuff I forgot about! Then I made brownies in celebration of Missy's Employee of the Week major award. Brownies can only make any day better.

Since my parents will be out of town this weekend, my mom prepared a "treasure hunt" for each of us with clues to find a small gift. At the end of my hunt, I found a Walmart gift card in my spices and some Priolosec in my shoes. Seriously awesome stuff, my mom rocks the party. Then, to sweeten the deal even more, the prilosec had a free Crest Whitestrips sample in it.

Then I went to the store and got a couple things, and I had a coupon for the gum that I like. Awesome.

At some point during the day I realized that I was in a great mood. It's been a long time since I've been in a really great mood for no particular reason. I had almost forgotten what it felt like, and I didn't even recognize it until I stopped to think about what was different. It's almost as if I'm content enough to stop worrying and let some happiness take over. Life, you rock some times.

Oh-- and shout out and congrats to my sister Suzy. She's the new KHS Cougars mascot!!! I'm so proud. :o)

1 comment:

  1. The brownies were delicious!! Thank you, you are a gluten-free goddess!

    ReplyDelete