23 April 2009

lights, mind, eyes, hearts

So the concert was great. A band called Black Nasty opened for them, and they were soooo dirty and pretty hilarious. You know how some bands sound mediocre live? Not Spoon. They put on a great show, and it was a good crowd too. I need to buy their new album.

You know what my favorite part of each day is? Watering the garden. It's the only time of day that I take 5 minutes and do nothing but watch the water hit the dirt. I can't help but imagine the thirsty little roots taking it all up, think about the process of photosynthesis and the invisible nutrients in the soil that manifest themselves as colors in the flowers' petals.

I've got a busy weekend ahead of me, then a crazy two weeks of exams. Then- I'm done with UH. Kinda crazy to think about it. Something I've been looking forward to for so long is so near to completion.

I have high hopes for this summer, and I can't even begin to imagine what's going to happen this fall. One part of me is scared that I'll hate it, or something will go wrong and I won't get to go to CLS school, and one part of me is super excited that it's finally going to happen. I'll feel better once I actually get in the door, don my scrubs and my lab coat, and get my hands dirty.

Oh oh, and one more thing. The spiders in my kitchen (the smaller ones) have taken to crawling on the ceiling. The other day one was above my head as I was trying to eat dinner. I was scared it'd fall on my head or in my food, so I tried to move it but I ended up accidentally killing it. This morning I woke up to one above my bed.

According to my dad, spiders are hard to control- you pretty much have to spray constantly to keep them at bay. And, he doesn't want to do that because he's a spider-loving person, and, "they eat the mosquitos."

This is not cool. Just as I'm learning to co-exist with these things they cross another boundary.

No comments:

Post a Comment