14 April 2009

just another tuesday

Well, here I am rescinding another paranoid freak out blog entry. Everything is gravy, yo.

Today was interesting. I'm pretty beat. I think I've got a fever from that shot yesterday, and my arm is killing me at the injection site. This happened last time, too.

After my exam today, I parked my butt in a sunny spot outside of the building and started on the crossword puzzle. A few minutes into that, the "overly enthusiastic" kid in my psych class walked up to me and said hi, as he always does in that awkward way. I said hello, as I usually do, and instead of walking right by he kind of lingered... I decided to actually introduce myself. It's wierd that he always says hi but we've never actually "met."
So I introduced myself and he took that as in invitation to sit down and start chatting. And hoo man, this kid is a trip. We talked about school and our majors, and how he rides the bus to school and it takes like an hour and a half. Then he was talking about how he met this girl he's dating on the bus and she's taking ESL classes at UH because she's from Africa. It was one of those wierd conversations that lulls because you really have no idea what to talk about, and every once in a while the wind would blow the wrong way and you could tell he smelled a little funky. He had me trapped in the awkward conversation until I left for class about 30 minutes later. He's friendly enough but so damn awkward.

Then I bumped into one of my classmates while I was chillen during my free time and eating my hummus, and he started telling me about how his girlfriend got mad at him and asked for my advice. Then he just randomly started talking about his past relationships and all that, and we had a nice conversation about that; it was spontaneous bonding? Anyway, he took my advice and everything's cool now. I was like, hells yeah I give good relationship advice. Too bad it doesn't work in my own!

I was totally going to find a way to talk to the cute boy in my Calculus class but I came up with nothing. I'm too chicken- or maybe I just don't want it bad enough to work for it. I gotta say this singleness and not worrying about anyone but myself is pretty darn nice. Do I really want to screw it up by pursuing some guy? I think not. Let's let the leaves fall where the wind blows them.

Still working on some changes that I can't post just yet... but progress is being made!

No comments:

Post a Comment