30 April 2009

serious???

Of course when I finally laid my head on my pillow last night at 12, I had major heartburn from my taquito/ salsa feast. I missed this week's episode of Breaking Bad on Sunday, and I knew there was a re-run coming on at 1230, so I got up and watched it. It was really good. Then I laid on the couch for about 30 minutes until I started to fall asleep. Sweet, finally at 2 I got to sleep. My alarm woke me up at the normal time, way too early.

I was pretty tired but determined to make the best of the day. Then, a series of events set me off.

It was all ok until I came in and noticed Pumpkin had puked on the windowsill... all down the wall, behind my bed, on her 'cat house,' on the chair, and on my bed. Say it with me: WHAT THE FUCK?? Every time I feed her this certain kind of wet food, she hurls. No more of that. I threw her out.

So I was pissed at that. Why couldn't she have puked in one convenient spot for me to clean up?? I had to strip my bed, taking off the mattress, box spring and bottom of the bed, pulling the frame out from the wall, cleaning up the wall, floor, bed, etc etc. It took me 30 minutes to clean that shit up. I was super pissed because it was going to make me late for class and I had JUST changed my sheets. Oh, and did I mention there is no carpet cleaner in the house? Of course. That, and I was super tired so my temper was very short.

Before all this happened I had put a frozen waffle in the toaster and had the syrup sitting on my counter. I turned around to find Sargeant on the counter. I yelled, he freaked, and knocked over the syrup, which exploded all over the floor. By this time I was irate. If I could have gotten my hands on him, I would have beat the shit out of him. Even now I'm pissed about it.

So I ignored the syrup and angrily ate my breakfast, stabbing at the food and steaming at my ears. There was no way I was going to tackle the syrup mess before I'd had any coffee. If cleaning up the puke wasn't going to make me late, cleaning up the syrup sure was. I contemplated leaving it there, but I really don't want to come home to a partially dried mess.

So, I cleaned up the syrup, which is surprisingly hard. The damn stuff is runny and goopy at the same time, and makes everything sticky.

One roll of paper towels, a load of laundry and 2 cups of coffee later, I'm late for class and I don't give a shit.

1 comment:

  1. Ya, the syrup would have been my last straw.

    I assume you have seen this website then?
    http://www.fmylife.com/

    ReplyDelete